Blackstone Consulting, Inc.
|TITLE: Security Supervisor
||Job Family: Security Services
|Class (System) Title: Healthcare
Implement and oversee the security operation; supervise security officers. Assist with the functions of physical and personal security and safety measures of members, patients, staff, and visitors. Protects staff and property
from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference, including the potential for violence in the workplace. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and may enforce
regulations pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
Primarily performs non-exempt duties in a service capacity; may be assigned a service grade or rank in a chain of command in conformance with contract requirements or to facilitate the delivery of service according to business necessity.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job or position. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. An associate might or might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned,
and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Associates are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, associates are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Associates are required to notify
superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies
and procedures, associates are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Fulfill the Responsibilities, Qualifications, Competencies, and applicable Addenda of a Healthcare Security Officer
- Provide post coverage, if necessary
- Act in the absence of the Security Account Manager when directed
- Assist the Security Account Manager in administrative or functional tasks as directed
- Interpret applicable policies and procedures based on existing circumstances
- Supervise subordinates so they perform their functions effectively
- Assign security duties as circumstances warrant
- Evaluate and document subordinate’s performance
- Review and oversee corrections to appropriate subordinate’s reports
- Maintain liaison with appropriate facility personnel on a given shift
- Assist with subordinates training
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned post.
- Quickly identify potential negative situations and implement effective countermeasures
- Teach facility-specific procedures and policies
- Review appropriate subordinate’s reports
- Responding to healthcare facility emergencies and incidents, as needed or when directed
- Meets or exceeds annual or bi-annual clinical/employee health screening requirements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
The incumbent must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of necessary knowledge, skill, and ability.
Having the ability to plan, organize and implement administrative and operational programs and procedures, which includes efficient Incident Report writing and review is preferred.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
Must be at least 18 years of age
Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone)
Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private)
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English
Must have a High School Diploma or GED
Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION
Must have valid Government issued Driver’s License or valid state issued I.D. card, Bureau of Security and Investigative Services Certification or Guard Card.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as police reports, local and state law, instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write accurate, clear and concise crime, incident and investigative reports. Ability to communicate effectively with patients,
medical staff, employees and visitors.
Security, military, or law enforcement related experience preferred.
Prefer one year of BCI or other healthcare security experience or previous supervisor experience in a service field
COMPETENCIES (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
- Pass each healthcare competency exam and/or skills lab including an managing or defusing assaultive behavior training program or similar course as described by the client
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to use vehicle for the performance of duties.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
EEO/AA/M/F/V/D employer, Veterans encouraged to apply
- Must be able to move quickly throughout the Healthcare facility and physically restrain people by physically holding the individual down and then be able to also carry or lift the individual with other healthcare facility staff members.
- The ability to maintain mental stability under periods of stress. The ability to push or pull gurneys with patients of various weights on them.
- The duties of this job include possible exposure to deadly weapons, injury from violent persons, infectious persons, gases and fumes, blood and body fluids, hazardous chemicals, heat, wind, rain and cold; the employee must understand and demonstrate the
ability to take protective actions, following established guidelines. The noise level in the work environment can vary from extreme noise to extreme quiet.
PPO-12867 CALBSIS License
Reviewed & Updated 1.1.12 (ss)